Friday, October 17, 2014

Ma.K Fledermaus Diorama - Cockpit Continued

Storage Compartment

I finished up prepping and painting all of the items that will go into the storage compartment behind the pilot's seat. You'll barely be able to see these items when the model is complete, so I didn't put a ton of time into them but I did want to have them there for flavor.




I also put a coat of primer on the sidewalls and ... cockpit middle thing with the seat and pedals and all. I'm sure that's what it's called.

I do love how a coat of primer just sucks all of the construction together visually. You really start to see all of the detail work beginning to come to life. Nothing like geeking out on primer.



Painting the cockpit interior is next. I'm going for the old "cockpit green with red knobs and silver things and wires and black parts and cool dials" look and feel. Check out the cockpit that Brett Green put together for this Spitfire. Awesome. This is my inspiration.

Submarine Spitfire Mk.IXc by Brett Green


No comments:

Post a Comment